Your endocrine system regulates hormone output throughout the body. It relies on a delicate balance of nutrients and enzymes to function at its best. Considering how alcohol alters chemical activities in the body, it also affects how your endocrine system functions. While consuming red wine (in moderation) may be good for your heart health, it still contains alcohol.
HGH, testosterone, sermorelin, and HRT act on the body’s endocrine system, a system that pretty much regulates every process in the body. This means any food, drug, or substance that interacts with your endocrine system can interfere with any one of these hormone therapies. Unfortunately, wine falls in the category of things that interact with your endocrine system.
How Hormone Therapy Works
Menopause, postmenopause, cancer, and anti-aging are four popular treatment uses for hormone therapy or HT. With menopause, postmenopause, and anti-aging, HT attempts to stabilize hormonal imbalances that result from aging. As a cancer treatment, HT works to strengthen the body’s immune system.
As the body ages, the areas that work with your endocrine system work less efficiently than during your teens and twenties. Hormone production levels decline while the tissues targeted by their controlling hormones become less sensitive. The body’s ability to metabolize hormones also slows. As a treatment, HT can be used to replenish dwindling production levels or to restore balance.
With cancer growths, it’s the job of the immune system to protect the body’s cells and tissues from foreign or harmful substances, such as toxins, bacteria, viruses, and cancer cells. Both the thyroid and adrenal glands play key roles in keeping your immune system running smoothly. They’re also heavily involved with regulating hormone activity throughout the body. In this case, hormone therapy specifically targets the areas of the endocrine system that support immune system health.
Risks of Drinking Alcohol During HRT
As a menopause or postmenopause treatment, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is used to increase estrogen levels. Coincidentally, alcohol has the same effect on your estrogen levels. Alcohol also has carcinogenic properties. When estrogen levels run too high, cancer risk increases. This means, drinking wine or any other form of alcohol while on HRT may place you at a higher risk of cancer than that of drinking alcohol or undergoing HRT alone.
Something else to keep in mind is regular drinking and anxiety disorders tend to go hand-in-hand. Incidentally, feelings of anxiety are one of the side effects of HRT. This means a habit of regular drinking coupled with this HRT side effect can quickly spiral into a full-blown alcohol use disorder. Not only does your risk of cancer increase exponentially but some level of alcohol rehab will be needed to overcome alcohol’s addictive properties.
Alcohol’s Effects on HGH & HGH Injections
HGH, also known as human growth hormone, is produced by the pituitary gland. It helps regulate many bodily processes, including:
- Muscle and bone growth
- Body fluids
- Sugar metabolism
- Fat metabolism
- Energy levels
As the body ages, HGH levels decline. While HGH injections can improve all of the above functions, injections shouldn’t be considered unless you have a growth hormone deficiency.
Since alcohol all but wreaks havoc on your hormone balance, HGH injections and alcohol don’t mix well. Alcohol’s effect will not only negate any benefits from taking HGH injections but may also cause your natural HGH levels to decline depending on how much you drink on a regular basis.
Sermorelin Therapy & Alcohol Risks
Sermorelin therapy offers another treatment hat helps increase HGH levels in the body. Sermorelin acetate is the active compound, which naturally stimulates the pituitary gland to produce HGH. It’s commonly used as an anti-aging treatment, to increase energy, stamina, and overall health. Like HGH injections, alcohol and Sermorelin therapy don’t work well together. Since alcohol and Sermorelin both affect pituitary gland functions, much of the benefits from the therapy treatment would be lost.
Health Matters: Things to Keep in Mind
Fine wine makes life bearable. In fact, drinking one glass of wine three times a week can actually make your heart stronger. However, if you’re taking any form of hormone therapy, you might want to cut back on wine-time or any type of alcohol, for that matter. When all is said and done, the human body is one big chemistry project that’s sensitive to anything you put in it.
1 - U. S. National Library of Medicine, “Aging Changes in Hormone Production”
2 - National Cancer Institute, “Alcohol and Cancer Risk”
3 - Sunshine Behavioral Health, “Alcohol Rehab”
4 - Harvard Health Publishing, “Growth Hormone, Athletic Performance, and Aging”
- What are the Benefits of Injectable Sermorelin Acetate? - January 20th, 2021
- Sermorelin for Weight Loss -- How Can Sermorelin Help You Lose Weight? - January 13th, 2021
- Improve Body Composition with Sermorelin Acetate - December 26th, 2020
- Side-Effects of Sermorelin You May Experience After Injection - December 18th, 2020
- Ipamorelin Therapy for Human Growth Hormone Deficiency - November 24th, 2020
- HGH Side Effects: Risks and Dangers of Growth Hormone Therapy - November 19th, 2020
- Sermorelin Side Effects Explained - November 17th, 2020
- Sermorelin Acetate Information - November 6th, 2020
- FAQ Sermorelin and Wikipedia About Sermorelin: What are Sermorelin Acetate Injections? - November 3rd, 2020
- Injectable Sermorelin with GHRP-6 for Men - November 2nd, 2020
- What Is Sermorelin Therapy? Frequently Asked Questions - October 15th, 2020
- The Importance of IGF-1 — Boosting IGF-1 Levels with Sermorelin and Prescription HGH - September 16th, 2020
- Sermorelin Acetate Side Effects - September 13th, 2020
- Buy Sermorelin -- What to do When Sermorelin Arrives in the Postal Mail - September 12th, 2020
- How Much Does Sermorelin Acetate Cost and How Does It Compare to HGH Therapy? - September 7th, 2020
- Sermorelin for Body Building – How Can Sermorelin Help You Gain Muscle Mass? - September 6th, 2020
- Age Management with Sermorelin Injection Treatment - September 4th, 2020
- Buy Sermorelin: How Can I Legitimately Get a Sermorelin Prescription? - September 4th, 2020
- Sermorelin Acetate FAQ and Wiki Guide - September 3rd, 2020
- Sermorelin Therapy 21st Century Injectable Human Growth Hormone Restoration - August 1st, 2020
Contact Us For A Fast And Professional Response
Word Count: 800