When there is too much or too little of a hormone present in a man’s body, we say that that man is suffering from hormonal imbalance. This imbalance can affect many bodily functions – sexuality and reproductive functions, metabolism, heart rate, body temperature, growth, sleep cycles, and even mood. It can be distinctly unpleasant, and make the difference between a happy life and a miserable one. Thankfully, we live in an age when there are solutions for hormonal imbalance easily and legally available for any sufferer who needs them.
But the average man doesn’t have the means to measure his hormone levels. All he has to go on are symptoms. So let’s take a look at the kind of things that might give us a hint that something has gone awry with our hormone levels.
What Exactly are Our Hormones Doing?
Hormones are chemicals produced by our body’s glands, or endocrine system. These chemicals, which are essential to life, travel through our veins and arteries sending chemical messages to our organs and tissues, basically controlling when and how they function. Without them, our body’s processes would be chaotic and uncoordinated, and life itself would be impossible.
Hormone levels do change naturally over time, but if they’re outside of a normal, functional range, there will be definitely noticeable – and negative – symptoms. Some things that can cause hormone levels to be inadequate are 1) lack of exercise, 2) stress, 3) injury, 4) poor nutrition, or 5) illness. Older men are more susceptible to these triggers for hormone problems than younger men, but they can have an affect at any age.
Could I Have a Hormonal Imbalance?
Here are some things that could indicate you, as a man, might have a hormonal imbalance:
Loss of libido: Diminishing interest in the opposite sex could be an indicator of low testosterone or too-high estrogen levels in a man.
Erectile dysfunction: Hormonal imbalances can sometimes lead to an inability to perform sexually – specifically, low testosterone levels could be the cause. But be careful – this condition can also be triggered by insomnia, stress, unrelated chronic illnesses, depression, or heart disease. The use of opiates and some high blood pressure medications can also lead to erectile dysfunction, so check any possibilities that may apply to you with your doctor, and see our clinic to have yourself evaluated for low testosterone, which is scientifically and objectively measureable.
Gynecomastia: This medical term refers to enlargement of the breast tissue in men, and is almost always caused by hormonal imbalances in men. A small amount of enlargement is normal compared to surrounding tissue, and this may increase slightly with age, exacerbated by poor diet or failure to exercise. But a large increase – which can be harmful to a man’s self-image and self-esteem – is a clear indication that you ought to have your hormone levels – specifically, testosterone and estrogen – checked by a professional like the ones at our clinic.
Loss of muscle: Age and negative lifestyle changes – like sitting in front of a screen most of the day – can be triggers for muscle loss, changes in your body’s muscle composition can also be signs of hormonal imbalance. Men need sufficient testosterone to both build and maintain proper muscle mass. If testosterone levels drop below the normal range, a cycle of self-reinforcing feedback can result in both rapid muscle loss and simultaneous weight gain. Restoring proper testosterone levels can often reverse this vicious cycle. Thyroid dysfunction can cause similar symptoms, though, so confirm your suspicions with a professional before embarking on any plan of treatment.
Changes in mood: It isn’t just the physical and the visible parts of our bodies that be harmed or function improperly when our hormones are out of balance: Our mind – our emotions – our mood – can also be knocked for a loop. Though, as for muscle loss, thyroid problems can also be a factor, it’s important to know that too little testosterone in our bloodstream can result in depression, irritability, anxiety, and decreased motivation.
Testing and Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance is Simple
In addition to lack of exercise, stress, injury, poor nutrition, or illness, these conditions have been shown to cause hormonal imbalance in men: steroid medications; tumors of the pituitary gland; excessive cortisol levels brought on by Cushing’s Syndrome; Addison’s Disease (too-low levels of cortisol or aldosterone); adrenal hyperplasia; allergic reactions to any number of substances; chronic inflammation; pancreatisis; anorexia; both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes; hypoglycemia (low blood sugar); hyperglycemia (high blood sugar); and hypothyroidism.
Luckily, today we have both the means of accurately testing for proper hormone levels in your bloodstream (and we have the knowledge to know what those proper levels are) and a means of correcting any imbalance that is found through what is called HRT or Hormone Replacement Therapy. We also have a network of laboratories working with our clinics in every state of the union to make sure that any therapy you need is tailored exactly right for you, avoiding the very significant dangers that improper diagnosis or treatment can pose.
Contact Us For A Fast And Professional Response
- Getting to the Root of Erectile Dysfunction – Six Causes of ED - July 1st, 2021
- Dioxins: A Serious Endocrine-Disruptor that Harms Hormone Balance - June 30th, 2021
- Protect Yourself from the Effects of Male Menopause - June 22nd, 2021
- Sleeping Well to Boost HGH and Enhance Hormone Balance - June 3rd, 2021
- Omnitrope HGH Treatments for Growth Hormone Deficiency - May 30th, 2021
- Nevada Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - May 28th, 2021
- Keto Diet Shows Promise Helping Overweight Guys Boost Testosterone - May 27th, 2021
- The Tom Kerridge Dopamine Diet Can Carry You to a New World of Weight Loss and Pleasure - May 22nd, 2021
- Darkness is Important for Deep Sleep and Hormone Balance - May 20th, 2021
- Will COVID-19 Affect My Testosterone Levels? - May 19th, 2021
- Intermittent Fasting – Enhance Hormone Balance and Live Healthier with a Strategic Diet - May 13th, 2021
- Five Exciting Breakthroughs in Life Extension Medicine - May 6th, 2021
- Nebraska Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - May 1st, 2021
- Georgia Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - April 24th, 2021
- Maine Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - April 23rd, 2021
- Connecticut Sermorelin Clinic for HGH Deficiency Symptoms - April 21st, 2021
- Low Fat Diets Suppress Natural Testosterone Production - April 21st, 2021
- Texas Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - April 15th, 2021
- West Virginia Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - April 13th, 2021
- Utah Sermorelin Injections for HGH Deficiency - April 12th, 2021
- Preserving Fertility While Treating Testosterone Deficiency - April 11th, 2021
- Norditropin HGH Therapy for Growth Hormone Deficiency - April 4th, 2021
- New Treatment Shows Promise to Reverse Male-Pattern Baldness - March 23rd, 2021
- Kentucky Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - March 15th, 2021
- Menopause HRT Treatment May Protect Women Against Covid-19 - March 13th, 2021
- Louisiana Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - March 12th, 2021
- Oklahoma Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - March 11th, 2021
- Five Simple Ways to Naturally Increase HGH Levels - March 10th, 2021
- How to Boost HGH Levels Naturally This Year or Supplement with HGH Injections - March 9th, 2021
- South Dakota Sermorelin Injections for HGH Deficiency - March 7th, 2021
- Wyoming Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - March 6th, 2021
- Illinois Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - March 5th, 2021
- Maryland Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - March 3rd, 2021
- Virginia Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - March 1st, 2021
- Adjusting Lifestyle to Lose Weight in a Way that Improves Hormone Balance - March 1st, 2021
- Major Report Signals Dangers of Microplastics as Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals - February 27th, 2021
- Improve Cardiovascular Endurance with Exercise-Based Cardiac Rehabilitation - February 27th, 2021
- Arkansas Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - February 26th, 2021
- Oregon Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - February 25th, 2021
- Pennsylvania Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - February 24th, 2021
- Florida Sermorelin Clinics, Doctors and Injectable Treatment for HGH Deficiency - February 23rd, 2021
- California Sermorelin Clinic, Doctor, Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - February 22nd, 2021
- Indiana Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - February 21st, 2021
- Washington Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - February 20th, 2021
- Idaho Sermorelin Injections for HGH Deficiency - February 19th, 2021
- Delaware Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - February 17th, 2021
- Elevated Homocysteine Levels May Heighten Risk Of Heart Attack, Stroke, & Alzheimer's Disease - February 16th, 2021
- Missouri Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - February 15th, 2021
- Colorado Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - February 15th, 2021
- Kansas Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - February 12th, 2021
- New Hampshire Sermorelin Injections for HGH Deficiency - February 11th, 2021
- San Francisco Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - February 9th, 2021
- Understanding Vaginal Dryness, Vaginitis, and Vaginal Atrophy - February 8th, 2021
- Washington, D.C. Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - February 7th, 2021
- San Diego Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - February 6th, 2021
- Mississippi Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - February 4th, 2021
- Skin and Hormone Benefits of Good Sleeping Habits - January 31st, 2021
- Rhode Island Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - January 30th, 2021
- Vermont Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - January 28th, 2021
- Montana Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency -- HRT Sermorelin Clinic - January 27th, 2021
- Therapeutic Testosterone Therapy May Reduce the Risk of Type-2 Diabetes in Low-T Patients - January 25th, 2021
- South Carolina Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - January 23rd, 2021
- North Dakota Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - January 22nd, 2021
- Sacramento California Sermorelin Injections for HGH Deficiency - January 18th, 2021
- Wisconsin Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - January 12th, 2021
- New Mexico Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - January 11th, 2021
- New Jersey Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - January 9th, 2021
- Ohio Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - January 7th, 2021
- Real Sermorelin or HGH Injections versus Swallowing Fake HGH Tablets, Pills, Supplements - January 4th, 2021
- Alabama Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - January 3rd, 2021
- Tennessee Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - January 2nd, 2021
- Arizona Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - December 30th, 2020
- New York Sermorelin Prescriptions For HGH Deficiency - December 28th, 2020
- Chicago, Illinois Sermorelin Injections for HGH Deficiency - December 23rd, 2020
- Prescription Sermorelin Injections in Miami Florida - December 22nd, 2020
- Plenty of Sex – and I Mean PLENTY – Will Boost Your Health NOW! - December 20th, 2020
- North Carolina Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - December 16th, 2020
- Michigan Sermorelin Prescriptions for HGH Deficiency - December 14th, 2020
- Massachusetts Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - December 12th, 2020
- Hawaii Sermorelin for HGH Deficiency - December 11th, 2020
Word Count: 844