For example, as men age testosterone levels tend to decline at a regular pace, or even dramatically, leading to some serious, and not so serious, side effects. Another hormone that declines as one ages, for both men and women, is human growth hormone.
Some people are more affected by hormone fluctuations than others and some have more serious imbalances than others. This comes down to genetics, but also your lifestyle choices.
Maybe you’re more prone to an HGH deficiency based on genetics, but with a healthy lifestyle, you can combat this deficiency more easily, or never even experience one at all. One of these lifestyle choices you have to make is in regards to how much you MOVE.
A Sedentary Lifestyle Wreaks Havoc on Your Hormones
Basically, hormone imbalance occurs when any one of the endocrine glands fails to function properly, causing the release of too little or too much of a hormone, or several different hormones.
Other causes of hormone imbalance include diabetes, stress, and poor nutrition. A lack of exercise is also a culprit, but this goes along with a sedentary lifestyle as well.
Hormone imbalances come with a LONG list of adverse side effects, including:
poor muscle gain
wrinkled, dry skin
gynecomastia (man boobs)
minimal to no gains in the gym
This is why it is so important to maintain an active lifestyle with exercise and other activities that get you on the move. Eat a well-balanced diet, get proper sleep and you should be doing great!
When Treating Hormone Imbalance, Regular Exercise is a Must
Treating hormone imbalance can be tricky, but it all depends on the underlying cause, which can be unique to each patient.
At our clinic, we do not follow the “cookie-cutter” approach. We treat each patient as someone with unique and personal needs. Only your doctor can determine the right treatment for you. This usually involves hormone replacement therapy (HRT) with either injections, pills, creams, or gels. Even though you’ll be on a treatment program, you will need to follow certain lifestyle modifications as well.
However, just taking sermorelin acetate injections will not be enough. Reversing a sedentary lifestyle is absolutely essential for an HRT program to work. Even though sermorelin acetate therapy works great and helps many patients recover from hormone imbalance, it is not a magic anti-aging medicine. The patient will need to ensure they’re getting regular exercise, even the “regular” 9-5 desk job patient will need to change their routine – try setting a quiet alarm every hour so that you can get up from your desk and walk around for about 5 minutes. Something as small as that can make a huge difference!
Ways to Reverse a Sedentary Lifestyle
Small but consistent efforts do make a difference. If you work a desk job, as stated previously, set an alarm and make sure you get up out of your chair for at least 5 minutes every hour, walking around a bit, doing body twists or stretching. It can be especially hard lately for most people due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with everybody stuck in their homes. Here are some other ideas:
– incorporate daily cleaning routines: vacuuming, washing windows, washing dishes by hand, organizing around the house, etc.
– taking a 30-minute walk after each meal
– high-intensity interval training (start slow!)
– take just a quick walk every day that becomes routine, just like brushing your teeth or getting dressed in the morning
– incorporate rules for yourself: if you want to eat some junk food, a walk has to come first.
– try home workout videos (DVDs, Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc.)
– use a Fitbit to track your progress
– Park at the farthest parking spot from the store
– Walk every aisle of the grocery store
– Take stairs instead of elevators or escalators
– On the weekends, pick a state park, local landmark, or place of interest to walk around and explore at
– Use desk pedals to move your legs while working at your desk
– Print your documents at work all the way at the other end of the office or building
These are just a few tips on how to get started on reversing a sedentary lifestyle. Once you get several of these started, the rest should come easily.
Before you know it, you’ll be feeling amazing! Remember, treating hormone imbalance is not cured by just sermorelin acetate HRT alone, you also need to incorporate movement/exercise, proper nutrition, and good sleep to see the best results. Contact us to get started!
Contact Us For A Fast And Professional Response
- How to Heal Your Body After Overcoming Addiction - August 16th, 2022
- More Muscle = Better Cancer Fighter - March 15th, 2022
- Boosting HGH with HIIT -- is High-Intensity Interval Training Right for You? - February 5th, 2021
- Increasing and Preserving Height from Puberty to Beyond - September 22nd, 2020
Word Count: 826